Never Ending Journey

(Wrote back in 2006.) 

Maybe its time for me to start out on my own
I been told in the past that there's no other place, but home
For even home, it seems to me
Is still a choice we all must face
From day to day and endlessly
To choose if home is going to be
Another road or just a place

The only place I have ever known
Were still the options of the never ending road
I have given each road a name
Of fantasies sun drenched in beams
Or choices turned to darkened dreams
To where each road wends just about the same

I have followed the birds just like the rest
Escaping the world of its cold storm
From North to South then back again

This road reflects lines in chrome
Give way to a road with greater bend
Empty signs that still pretend to show you the way
By words they shown, but never spoke


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter Five

Chapter II (Second Book)

Chapter VI