Best Friends Never Last

(Wrote this in 2001)

Blue eyes
Long blond hair
That charming look that lowered me into my own despair
Would you like to hear a story
Of what happened long, long ago on a cold winters day

We sang
We prayed
We played
Who would of known it would end today

She danced gracefully through a silver storm
The pine trees glisten afar
A beautiful sight from the church yard

Desperately I raced through the snow until
I had reached the top of the hill
She turned and stopped as if time had become still

My heart had skipped a beat
Since this would be the last time that we'll ever meet

Maybe best friends were never meant to stay
I was moving far away

We said goodbye
I swallowed what was left of my pride
She saw right through my disguise
I began to cry
I said I was suppose to be the strong one
She smiled and said maybe I was wrong

The words slowly turned into a distant memory as the years went by
But I still didn't want to say goodbye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter Five

Chapter II (Second Book)

Chapter VI